Sassy Girl Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 19, 2009

Aren't I perfect just the way I am...

I am beginning to wonder why we shun our imperfections. Aren't these less than beautiful and admirable traits what set us apart from the masses. Sure, my house hasn't been vaccuumed in oh like at least 3 days. And I am pretty sure that if you look hard enough you can find at least a dozen health violations in my kitchen. I don't spend my weekends at brunchs and pool party play dates with neighborhood couples. We are just us. I am taking a stand. I am proud to be a bit dramatic, a whole lot emotional, kinda sarcastic, borederline lazy, crazy in love with my amazing husband who can always make me feel a little less retarted and I refuse to let go of the habit of holding and rocking my precious 2 year old Sassy to sleep at night.

So here's to all the other mommys and daddys who say, "I dont care what you think we should be doing, this is what we are really doing." I have decided that if I want to be my usual dramatic self, then that is fine, and if I decided to be a hermit one weekend and shop online, then more power to me. And if on Fathers Day weekend, we decide to stay in jammers eatting junk food, playing on the computer, chassing Sassy and watching Tinkerbell and Wall E then, this is a perfect weekend for us.

What ever make you happy and "rings your bell", stick to it! It is these things that make you great and lovable. If we all did the same thing, we'd be so boring. So get out there this weekend and tell the Dad's in your life what they mean to you in a way only you can!
Why do we have to put ourselves out there as the picture perfect drama queens from Wisteria Lane. Who lives like that? And if you do, why do you want to?

Sure, I have faults, plenty. I'm dramatic, whiney, panicy, bratty, attentions monger, gossiper, a little DUH!! at times and ususally pretty anxious. But in moderation, any of these things make me lovable to at least one person...my wonderful and amazing husband Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment