Sassy Girl Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Music moves me...


For whatever reason, one of the best therapies for me is going for the drive...windows down, sunroof open and radio up. Tonight on my way home from the store I couldn't decide if I should listen to Nickelback or some good ol' country. I know, quite a difference in the two. As I was debating this ever so important issue I was reminded of being 16. My oldest brother always made fun of me saying that I changed the CD at least 5 times before I pulled out of the drive way. And what is sad, is usually it was true. I have always been known, not for having favorite songs, but having favorite parts of songs. There are far too many songs in this world that can describe how I've felt at one time or another to list them. And there are songs that will always inspire and move me. There will always be songs that make me want to dance.


I have always wished I had the rythym of a song writer...perhaps then I'd have alot less on my mind and alot more memories on paper. For now though, I'm loving me some "chicken fried, cold beer on a Friday night, a pair of jeans that fit just right and the radio up...Thanking God for my life, for the stars and stripes, may freedom forever fly, let it ring..." -Chicken Fried (Zac Brown Band)

1 comment: